Monday, October 5, 2009

One pot penne

This hit the spot tonight. I think I'm really loving tomatoes this time of year! This is a quick one pot recipe: (with hardly any guidelines)
  • Penne pasta (1/2 box)
  • 1 can diced tomatoes or 2 fresh
  • As much spinach as you can handle
  • 2 cups of chicken broth
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 2 tbsp Olive oil
  • crushed red pepper to taste (I like spicy)
  • I threw in some extra sausage that I already had cooked
  • Parmesan cheese

Directions... or what I did

  1. Heat a skillet and saute garlic and olive oil for about 2 minutes. Add the red pepper flakes at the end.
  2. Add 2 cups broth and bring it to a quick boil
  3. Toss in the tomatoes and pasta
  4. Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes or until the noodles are just right for you
  5. Add all the spinach and cover again for another minute (add cooked sausage here)
  6. Remove from the heat and top with cheese
Enjoy - I can't wait for leftovers for lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment