Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Chicken & Asparagus (Broccoli) Risotto Skillet

This is a recipe that will be added to my monthly rotation - YUMMY and EASY!! It's a Pampered Chef Classic.

I wish I would have taken a picture, but honestly we ate it too quickly for me to run to the office to get the camera... oops! Maybe I'll post a picture the next time I make it. This picture is from another blog: http://mrsbowles.wordpress.com/

Ingredients:

1 tbsp olive oil

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1/2 tsp salt, divided

1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper

1 can condensed cream of chicken soup

1/2 lb fresh asparagus spears, cut into 1 1/2-in. pieces (about 2 cups -- I substitute Broccoli)

2 cups milk

1 cup chopped onion

2 oz grated fresh Parmesan cheese (about 1/2 cup)

2 garlic cloves, pressed

1 tbsp lemon zest

2 cups uncooked instant white rice

Directions:

1.Heat oil in Skillet over medium-high heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. Dice chicken into 1-in. pieces. Combine chicken, 1/4 tsp of the salt and black pepper in large bowl; toss to coat. Cook chicken 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink in center. Remove chicken from Skillet; set aside.

2.Return Skillet to heat; add soup, asparagus, milk, onion, cheese, garlic, zest and remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 3 minutes. Stir in rice and chicken. Cover; let stand 5 minutes. Yield: 6 servings

I'd love to help you bring dinner to your table in 30 minutes or less by hosting a cooking show. Visit my website to view all the great products you can get FREE for hosting!

http://www.pamperedchef.biz/bridothager

No comments:

Post a Comment