Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Bird Houses for Relay for Life

Our Relay for Life team at church is doing an auction of bird houses. I was given a blank slate and a deadline... this is how it was done with things I just had around the house. Leftover wainscoting from the bathroom was added to the roof. The roof was painted white from extra white paint I found in the basement. The house was painted the same color as the new bathroom walls and the base was painted a green color I found in my acrylic paints. I took some dark brown paint to age the paint and bring out the details of the house. I added vines to the sides... I stuffed some extra moss in the holes to appear like their was a nest inside. I can't wait to see how it helps our relay team raise funds for cancer research!

No comments:

Post a Comment