Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Years Resolution

Putting a New Years resolution in writing is scary. Mostly because you are reading this and when I slip up and turn back to my normal tendencies...

My resolution for 2010 is Love.

It sounds so simple and maybe to some of you a little hokey. Well it is simple, but don't we sometimes forget to do some of the most simple things in life sometimes?

We have been discussing many topics in our Sunday School class this past year. Each time a new topic is brought up I'm constantly drawn to think about the situation if more love were present.

We've discussed bitterness... judgementalness... anger...homelessness...complacency. How many of our circumstances/ issues/ daily life could be slightly different if there we responded with love?

Mark 29-31: Jesus said, "The first in importance is, 'Listen, Israel: The Lord your God is one; so love the Lord God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence and energy.' And here is the second: 'Love others as well as you love yourself.' There is no other commandment that ranks with these."

I love this song "Give Me Your Eyes" by Brandon Heath

My prayer this year:

Give me your eyes for just one second

Give me your eyes so I can see

Everything that I keep missing

Give me your love for humanity

Give me your arms for the broken hearted

Ones that are far beyond my reach.

Give me your heart for the ones forgotten

Give me your eyes so I can see

I'd love to hear what your resolution is.

2 comments:

  1. I love your new look, and love your resolution!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bri that's one of my favorite songs :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete