Thursday, January 7, 2010

Pork Loin in the Microwave

Pork loin in the microwave, how can this be? Well would you say the same thing to a whole chicken in the microwave for 30 minutes? I can tell you I was skeptical at first as well. Now microwave chicken is one of my favorite things-- cheap too! I can get a whole chicken for about $4.50. I can make it for dinner and have leftovers for quesadillas, pizza, salad topping or soup. Tonight I finally tried my hand at the 10-12 minute pork loin. You would think it might be rubbery and dry, but oh quite the opposite. This is what I did:
  • Use your favorite rub/ seasoning with a little oil and season it generously
  • Place it in your DEEP COVERED BAKER
  • Microwave with the lid on for 10-12 minutes
  • Check the temperature with your digital thermometer - should read at least 160
  • Let it sit on the counter for 10 minutes with the lid on again
  • Slice and serve
I'm planning on making my husband barbecue pork sandwiches for lunch tomorrow... maybe he'll make them for himself since he has a snow day! I made noodles, fresh bread and broccoli to go with it. Dinner took only about 25 minutes! There are so many great recipes to make in your deep covered baker, what are you favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment