Saturday, September 12, 2009

All under $5

You may remember this little piece... it was under $2 at the thrift store. I sprayed it black and filled it with fake fruit.
This is one of my entertaining pieces. I usually just have apples and pears on it, but I found a package of assorted fall items. All for $5 at Walmart. I even used the raffia ribbon on the top. I live the berries and pine cones.
This is an existing lamp, but I found the shade for $3 at OTP. I think it's a great way to change the look of the room from just a bland white shade.
This little grouping sits above my TV Armoire. My MIL found the Armoire ($70) for me at a local second hand store. I painted it from an antique white to black. To top the area I used an existing frame Kolin had and added a piece of scrap booking paper. I found each of the candle holders for $2-3 at OTP and painted them various colors of black, champagne and bronze. I topped them with off white candles around the house.
I hope this inspires you to make small inexpensive changes around your house.

No comments:

Post a Comment