Saturday, September 12, 2009

Entryway for around $50

This is our entry way...

A few things to point out:

  • The Bookcase was purchased in the Outlet section of "Home Decorators Collection" - it was listed in the outlet for $69 with shipping, but once it arrived it was missing the track for the bottom drawer. We called to see if they could ship the parts to us, but they said it was the last one. The did a price adjustment and we got the bookcase for $39-- I can deal without the track for that price.
  • The mirror was a freebie from my mom. It was gold, but I painted it a pearl white and then used a stencil brush to lightly bring the details out with black paint
  • The lamp was another steal from OTP for $12- Lamp and Shade
  • I had to buy the plate holder, but my SIL bought the plate for me last Christmas. It's a white and off white damask print - so cute!

It's still a work in progress, but I'm definitely staying on budget!

No comments:

Post a Comment