Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Some great deals!! not from the thrift store...

Can you believe it... I have some deals from real stores... We've been in need for a new vacuum for a while now and with 3 sets of stairs I wanted a lightweight vacuum. We decided on an Oreck - the 8lb wonder. Kolin researched a teacher discount for $100 off if we turn in our old vacuum. Then my mom said she wanted to contribute to our vacuum fund for both of our birthdays. That did it - the search was on!
I have found that JCPenney runs a "daily deal" each day on their website. It is an exceptional deal 60-80% off some days on a select item. I got my bedroom curtains and roman shades on this deal. Now I'm addicted to see what deal is available everyday. Yet, I did not find my vacuum on the daily deal. I found it in the Outlet Section.
I was able to get the extended life Oreck AND canister attachment AND cordless iron... all for $179.00 (Original Price:$399). I just checked the website again and can't find the deal on their outlet anymore.
My other great deal was 60% off because I hosted a Pampered Chef party in July. These stainless steal mixing bowls with lids (no more saran rap) are originally $74.50, but I got them for only $29.80. They are dishwasher, fridge and freezer safe. They also have a rubber bottom so they don't move around on the counter. Can you tell I'm excited about them!!!
Good luck finding your deals!!

No comments:

Post a Comment