Some of you know that I am truly a suburban girl, but the man of my dreams convinced me to move to a "rural" location. This transition has taken some time and continues to test my adaptability. I will tell you there are some great benefits of living in a small town:
- It has taught me to control my road rage... otherwise I will see that person at church on Sunday
- I now know that the corn is not dying, but is feed corn and it has to dry out/ die before it is harvested... or something like that.
- We only have one neighbor
- When I was younger I would just throw anything on (Pajama Pants..eekk) to run to the store. My mother would of course yell about it but... now if I do that it will be in the newspaper. Delivered twice a week :)
- I have been taught to wave at everyone when driving... even the police officer
- The graphic designer at work also doubles as a beef and chicken farmer
We recently started purchasing local meat. First we started with part of a cow that is certified Humane and essentially organic, then we bought 1/2 a pig and now I'm buying fresh organic brown eggs. I have to tell you there is a difference!