Monday, August 10, 2009

Guest Bedroom Update

The guest bedroom (gray bedroom we like to call it) continues to change. We had a white dresser (paint was coming off in places) with gold handles. Instead of repainting it I decided to just distress it and spray paint the handles in silver. What do you think? I need to figure out what to put on it.
Also, The bedding for this bed is a little of this and a little of that. The comforter was one I found before we got married. The bed skirt and white shams came with our down comforter, I found the Euro Shams this weekend. The quilt was from my mom and the pillow I made.
Speaking of Euro Shams - I was so scared of getting them because one - they are pricey and two I don't want to try and find euro pillows. Well after some digging at the mall I found some at Dillards for $10/ each sham. I think that's a pretty good price compared to some that were $40-$60/ EACH!! Then my next mission was to find the pillows. My MIL suggested just putting 2 standard pillows together. What a great idea. I had just seen pillows at Target for $2/ piece. So my euro shams and filling was just $28.
My mom gave me these pictures out of her house. I think they are going to go great in this room! Now I just have to wait for my antique door headboard to be constructed.

No comments:

Post a Comment