Friday, August 14, 2009

Summer's almost over...

It hit me this morning that summer is coming to an end… Kolin had to get up for work this morning (he’s a teacher). The summer recipe I’m about to share has now become one of my favorites. I’m not typically a lemon dessert person, but this is a refreshing and sweet treat on a hot summer day.

Lemonade Cake

Cake Mix: 1 white cake mix as directed on the box - add juice of 1/2 lemon and lemon zest - Bake as directed - Cool to room temperature.

Lemonade Glaze:

  • 6 oz. Lemonade Concentrate (thawed)
  • 3/4 cup powdered sugar
  • Yellow food color as desired

Mix together until smooth, poke holes in the cake and pour glaze over the top. Top with icing or whip cream and a slice of Lemon! YUM!!!

**I have to try this with Pink Lemonade too!

No comments:

Post a Comment