Friday, August 14, 2009

Laundry Room

The before picture of the laundry...
Oh I’ve always dreamed of having a large laundry room… now I have one. Let me tell you the project is just in the beginning stages. I’d love to do much more with it, but it’s a work in progress – like everything else.
I was able to get 2 different colors of blue paint and mixed them together for this custom color – FREE paint! I still need to paint out the window white and decide on some curtains. I’m thinking white curtains with blue accents (Ribbons, buttons, fabric paint… ) We hung the rack last week so I can finally hang clothes in the Laundry room… now I need more hangers! I want to paint something on the wall – I think I’ll need to do it in white or maybe a darker blue?
I’m debating on some of the sayings:
  • It will all come out in the wash
  • Laundry Room – Drop your drawers
  • Laundry Room – Sorting it out one load at a time
  • Soak, Wash, Rinse, Dry, Fluff, Iron, Fold (All over the walls in different places in different fonts?)
I’d love a new white cabinet and farm house sink with shelves and cabinets above a new set of front load washer/ dryer set. A girl can dream, can’t she??
This was my quick project this Sunday afternoon. I had to make a couple new curtains for Kolin's classroom so I picked up some extra $2/ yard white seersucker fabric and ribbon for my Laundry room curtain. The best part was I never got my sewing machine out... I'm loving iron on tape!

No comments:

Post a Comment