Monday, August 10, 2009

Quick Quiche

Tonight we tried something new - quiche. I like quiche when I'm out, but I've never really made it at home. I just got a set of new tart pans from my Pampered Chef party, but of course I don't have any pie crust on hand (I'm not attempting that at dinner time either) so I decided to google a quick quiche with bisquick thinking that would be the crust. The recipe that I found had everything mixed together, so it's really not a real quiche. I will try to make a real quiche when I have more time. I used broccoli, onion and mushroom for the filling and Monterrey jack cheese for the shredded cheese. It was pretty good - Kolin like it more before he found the mushroom. I thought I chopped them up enough in my chopper, but he found one! He still had 2 slices. Recipe: 1-2 c. fillings of your choice (example broccoli, mushrooms, etc.) 1 c. shredded cheese 1/4 c. chopped onion 2 c. milk 1 c. Bisquick 4 eggs 1/4 tsp. salt 1/8 tsp. pepper 1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. 2. Grease 10" pie plate or 8" square. 3. Sprinkle fillings, onions and cheese in plate. 4. Beat remaining ingredients until smooth and pour into plate. 5. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted halfway between edge and center comes out clean. 6. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. **I sauteed the broccoli, mushroom and onion in a skillet with butter before I put it in the pie pan. I wanted to make sure the onions were cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment