Thursday, August 6, 2009

Rocking Chair for the Guest Bedroom - $13

Yet another thrift store find. Can you remember seeing this in your grandma's house... it smelled like it was there too! Nothing a little febreeze can't fix.
Anyway, I was looking for a small chair for the guest bedroom we just painted a dark gray. Kolin picked out the paint color in the clearance section of paint at Lowe's. Someone had returnd it because it wasn't the right color.
What do you think about the wall color? We painted it late last friday night and it almost looked like a chalkboard. Oh, and I made the curtains out of thrift store fabric (washed first). I didn't want to get our my sewing machine so I just used the iron hemming tape. I'll explain in another post.
Getting back to the chair I decided to paint it white and cover the cushion with yet another piece of fabric from the thrift store. This one was an interesting piece of light gray.
So I primed and spray painted the chair. Took off the cover and stapled new fabric to it. I think it turned out pretty good for a $13 rocking chair.
Well I can't just leave the extra fabric sitting their.... I have to make an accent pillow for the bed. So I got some ribbon and buttons and here it is...
I'm so excited to finish this room. We just visited a friend's house that has an old door as a headboard. I can't wait to start working on that project. Most of all I can't wait for visitors!!

No comments:

Post a Comment